Re-opening Our Office
We are pleased to announce that we are beginning the process of re-opening the practice. We have opened our office to a limited capacity that started on May 26, 2020 and to slowly ramp the pace of the practice back to a normal level over the ensuing weeks. We know that the last few months may have been difficult for each of you, and our hearts go out to anyone who lost loved ones to the virus. We miss each of you, and we appreciate your patience and understanding during the office closure.
Our Office’s Safety Precautions
To help prevent the transmission of all respiratory infections, including COVID-19, our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activites of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued, and we constantly work to ensure that we practice in the safest orthodontic environment. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- When confirming your appointments, we will ask that you complete two COVID-19 screening forms digitally. The first form is a Health Quesionnaire and the second form is a Supplemental Informed Consent. Links to the forms can be found at the bottom of this page.
- To reduce the number of people in the reception and treatment areas, we will ask that patients minimize the number of companions/parents that accompany them during their appointments. It would be our preferenece for parents of our adolescent patients to remain in their vehicles during their child's appointment, but we certainly respect any parent's desire to accompany their child during the visit.
- We will attempt to create a "virtual waiting room" to reduce the amount of time spent in the reception area. To facilitate this process, we have activated "2-way text messaging" through our website. When you arrive at the office, we ask that you remain in your vehicle, and call us or send a text message to (973) 361-4018 with the patient's first and last name and a message indicating you have arrived (ie. "John Smith has arrived"). When we are ready to see you, we will call/text you back and request that you come in for your appointment. At the conclusion of the appointment, patients will have the option to "check out virually." Subsequent appointments can be made over the phone or via the text messaging system, and payments can be made over the phone or online via our website.
- Anyone entering the office will be required to wear a mask over their mouth and nose and will be asked to clean their hands with sanitizer upon entry.
- We will be using a touchless infrared thermometer to take each patient's (and parent's) temperature. Any patient with a temperature above 100.4 degrees will be asked to reschedule the appointment.
- Our team members will each be screened daily upon arrival to the office to rule out fever or symptoms of illness.
- We have installed a protective acrylic barrier at the reception desk, and our administrative team will be wearing surgical masks.
- We have medical-grade air purifiers (JADE SCA5000C) being utilized in both the reception area and treatment area.
- We have installed dividers between the five chairs in the open treatment bay.
- Our clinical team members will be wearing surgical masks and may be wearing face shields and protective gowns depending on the type of procedure scheduled.
- The tooth brushing station in the treatment area will be closed temporarily. As a result, we are asking that patients make every effort to arrive to their appointments with clean appliances.
- You will notice that our coffee station and magazines have been temporaily removed to minimize unnecessary contact.
- In addition to our usual disinfection procedures, the treatment and reception areas will be disinfected using a Cold Fogger (CL100 4L) and Hypochlorous Acid solution multiple times throughout the day.
We look forward to seeing you soon and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.